Physiotherapy - Musculoskeletal
We provide treatment to people who may have had an injury, surgery or who have an underlying musculoskeletal problem which affects their ability to undertake everyday activities perhaps due to pain or loss of function.
Chase Farm Hospital
Telephone: 020 8702 5320
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability.
Our musculoskeletal physiotherapists use an evidence-based approach in their care to ensure they provide high quality assessment and treatment techniques for all of our patients. We provide treatment to people who suffer from a range of conditions which affects their ability to undertake everyday activities perhaps due to pain or loss of function.
Musculoskeletal refers to the joints, muscles and tendons of the body. We treat conditions such as arthritis, low back pain, soft tissue injuries such as muscle strains and ligament injuries, whiplash and rehabilitation following broken bones or joint surgery to name but a few. We also have physiotherapists who specialise in pelvic health to help with issues such as pelvic pain, post partum conditions and incontinence.
You can benefit from physiotherapy input whether you have had your symptoms for a few weeks or a few years. Physiotherapists often combine skills such as exercise prescription, hands-on treatment, acupuncture and more, with the aim of improving your pain, movement, strength and function where possible.
Physiotherapy takes a ‘whole person’ approach to health and wellbeing, which includes the patient’s general lifestyle. A physiotherapist has the knowledge to advise you on lifestyle changes that can benefit your condition as well as your overall health.
At the core is the patient’s involvement in their own care, through education, awareness, empowerment and participation in their treatment.
We provide the following range of services:
- 1:1 assessment, diagnosis and management of all musculoskeletal conditions
- A wide range of treatment and therapeutic interventions to improve the management of your condition
- Shoulder rehabilitation group
- Lower limb service including lower limb exercise class, Osteoarthritis (OA) knee group, OA hip group
- Spinal rehabilitation classes including spinal fitness, back to fitness and pilates
- Assessment for, and provision of, walking aids
- Telephone and video reviews and support
- General exercise group
- We have a dedicated Turkish speaking service including a Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENs) group, core group, lower limb group and women’s exercise class
- Vestibular physiotherapy and headache treatment
- Pelvic health physiotherapy
- Education Classes – Neck group, Back School, OA knee group, OA hip group
- Referral to Specialist Clinical Assessment Service (SCAS) for specialist opinion
Who the service is for
Patients who may have had an injury, surgery or who have an underlying musculoskeletal problem which affects their ability to undertake everyday activities perhaps due to pain or loss of function. We work with patients to empower them to get the most benefit from our interventions and we provide individual programmes to promote recovery and early return to normal activities including work, home and social activities such as sport.
How you can access our service
If you are an Enfield resident and have an Enfield GP, you are now able to self-refer to our service via an online portal at www.physioselfrefer.co.uk or via the telephone at 0333 0433 966.
After you have provided information regarding your condition you will receive some advice from one of our physiotherapists within 48 hours via email. We may call you if further information is required.
We also run a centralised referral system, accepting referrals from NHS professionals. If you feel you will benefit from physiotherapy you can talk to your GP who will be able to make a referral for you if you are unable to make a self-referral.
- Shoulder pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/managing-pain-home/managing-your-shoulder-pain
- Neck pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/managing-pain-home/managing-your-neck-pain
- Back pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/managing-pain-home/managing-your-back-pain)
- Elbow pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/managing-pain-home/managing-your-elbow-pain
- Hip pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/managing-pain-home/managing-your-hip-pain
- Knee pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/managing-pain-home/managing-your-knee-pain
- Ankle pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/managing-pain-home/managing-your-ankle-pain
- Foot pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/managing-pain-home/managing-your-foot-pain
- Understanding pain and persistent pain: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/managing-pain-home/managing-your-pain
- Summary:We provide treatment to people who may have had an injury, surgery or who have an underlying musculoskeletal problem which affects their ability to undertake everyday activities perhaps due to pain or loss of function.
- Children, young people and families
- Older people
- Map Location:
- Service category:Community Services in Enfield