Nutrition and Dietetic Service
Our dieticians provide practical dietary advice, assessment and treatment to people with nutritional problems in Enfield.
Community Therapies Office
St Michael’s Site
Enfield EN2 OJB
Tel: 020 8702 5660 (messages can be left on the answer phone out of hours and will be picked up the next working day)
Email referrals to: beh-tr.AdultCommunityTherapiesAdmin@nhs.net
Who we are
Dieticians provide practical dietary advice, in particular our dieticians assess and treat patients with nutritional problems. We offer a range of services aimed at improving the health of patients and public in our community. Care, assessment, and equipment are available for clinically related nutritional problems (such as swallowing problems or dysphagia). We also provide telephone support for people with nutritional problems and contribute to health promotion initiatives on obesity and diabetes.
Where we work
We deliver our services within patients’ homes, or on an outpatient basis. Currently our clinics are based at: St Michael's Site, Bowes Road Clinic, Eagle House Surgery, Moorfield’s Health Centre, Forest Primary Care Centre, Evergreen Primary Care Centre and Rochdale Surgery.
What we offer
- Advice and information, including telephone support
- Community dietetic clinics
- Training on obesity , diabetes and healthy eating for health, social care, education, and voluntary sector staff
- Public education sessions targeted at specific sectors of the community, in line with ECS and national guidance
- Specialist nutritional advice, dietetic support and equipment for dysphagic patients and those requiring enteral feeding in non-acute settings
- Specialist nutritional assessment and dietetic support for Oncology/palliative care and learning difficulty patients
- Healthy eating programmes and obesity management
- Specialist diabetes dietetic advice
Who is the service for
The service is available for patients who live in the London Borough of Enfield, or are registered with an Enfield GP (and live within half a mile of the boundary).
Referral form for GPs and health professionals
Patients who feel they would benefit from this service should discuss this with their GP or other health care professional who will make a referral on their behalf if appropriate. The service prioritises all referrals based on clinical criteria and a waiting list system is in operation.
- Summary:Our dieticians provide practical dietary advice, assessment and treatment to people with nutritional problems in Enfield.
- Children, young people and families
- Map Location:
- Service category:Community Services in Enfield