Barnet Schools Project
We offer support to children and adolescents experiencing difficulties in school settings.
North London Business Park
Oakleigh Road South
London N11 1NP
Tel: 020 8359 7977
Opening hours: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
Manager: Breda O'Neill
Who we are
We are a multi-disciplinary team of mental health professionals, and work closely with other children's services (schools, social care, youth centres, youth offending and safeguarding teams and community groups) to support children and young people.
What we offer
Our team of mental health professionals work with parents and carers, children and adolescents experiencing difficulties. We offer a range of services including:
- Short-term individual therapeutic sessions with children, adolescents and their parents/carers
- Information and advice to parents
- Information, training and advice to teaching staff and other professionals.
- Promoting better understanding of mental health issues in schools
We are able to meet with teachers, parents, children and adolescents within school. On occasions, if appropriate, we can arrange visits at home or meet at a clinic.
We try to arrange appointments at convenient times however, most appointments take place between 9am and 5pm.
Who is the service for?
Children, young people and their families/carers where there are significant mental health, behavioural and emotional problems.
How you can access our service
If you feel this service might be helpful for your child and family, you can discuss the possibility of a referral with:
- Head/Deputy Head Teacher
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
- Inclusions Manager
- Child and Young Person’s School Nurse
If you wish to make contact with a member of the team or have a general enquiry, please telephone 020 8732 6602.
- Summary:We offer support to children and adolescents experiencing difficulties in school settings.
- Audience:Children, young people and families
- Bi-polar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Psychotic Depression
- Eating Disorder
- Learning Disability
- Self harm
- Map Location:
- Service category:Mental Health Services