Patients Know Best
We are working together with Patients Know Best to provide service users from our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) with a new online platform that enables you to access personal information relating to the care we provide to you.
Read all about the online platform below and if you have any questions, please speak to your clinician or email us.
View your Health Record
What is Patients Know Best?
Patients Know Best (PKB) is a digital platform that gives CAMHS service users secure access to your health record via an online portal. This platform is used to store your medical and care information all in one place.
The platform meets high security standards and allows you to access your mental and physical health records at any time. The platform is currently only available to service users aged 14 years old and above.
PKB won’t substitute the appointment letters that we send you, you will still receive those, this is only an added way to access appointment information. In the future, more features will be available including access to care plans and assessment questionnaires.
The Benefits of Patients Know Best
At the moment, you can use PKB to see your appointments, but once all features are available, you will be able to:
• Have better choice and control of your healthcare.
• Share your record: with your GP, other NHS Trusts, care workers or your friend and family carers. You can also control what they see with privacy and consent settings.
• See your record anytime: See all your appointments together in one place and access it wherever you go, at home or abroad.
• Add your data: Add important information about your past medical history or any old clinical documentation so it’s there in one place, when you need it.
• Track your health: Keep a journal, monitor your symptoms, and add measurements. Then if something isn’t quite right, you know when to contact your healthcare team.
How does Patient Knows Best work?
The platform is free and easy to use.
If you already have a PKB account, you will be sent an email notifying you that you can now access your records from Barnet, Enfield, and Haringey Mental Health Trust via a link which will take you straight to the PKB page. Or you can use this link to access the registration page from any digital device that you can access the internet from - a PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
If you are signing up to PKB for the first time, follow these steps:
• Simply log in to the NHS website from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
• If you don't have an NHS login, you will be prompted to create one via the NHS website.
• Once you are logged in, the Patients Know Best registration page will appear, and you will be promoted to create a password.
• After you have completed the form and registered, you can access the portal using the same Patient's Know Best web link or through the NHS App.
Once you are signed up, you will be able to see your hospital appointment information. In the future, once we have more features available, you will be able to see more information.
You won’t be able to amend or cancel appointments through the Patients Know Best. If you need to make any changes to your appointment, please call our switchboard on 020 8702 3000.
For children and young adults that access our services, anyone under the age of 16 will need to register for an account with the support of your clinical team. More information is available here.
You can also choose to opt-out at any time and contact us if you have any questions about using the service.
If you have any questions about using Patients Know Best and your data, you can contact us at: email@example.com
More information is also available on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) below.