Updated Trust Strategy and Trust Annual Objectives for 2021-22
Date: 01 June 2021
As we are coming out of the pandemic and seeing large parts of society opening up again, we can begin to enjoy life as we knew it before this awful pandemic. Our attention can now turn to focusing on the future. For us at the Trust, it is important that the focus is on recovering our services and more importantly, our staff. The pandemic taught us a lot about using technology to aide in the support of care, but it also shone a light on the health inequalities locality, many of which have been known about for years.
We have taken this opportunity to review our ‘Fit for the Future’ Trust Strategy which was published in 2019. As we all know, there have been lots of changes across the NHS, with increased emphasis on delivering joined up care, the need to look at healthcare at local place level and focusing on inclusion within our services and our workplace. The Trust Board and the wider leadership team have been working through these issues and we have now produced an Updated Trust Strategy.
Our four Strategic Aims have not changed, they are:
- Excellence for service users
- Empowerment for staff
- Innovation in services
- Partnerships with others
We have updated our Desired Outcomes and our Strategic Priorities and strengthened our commitment to helping patients and families shape their care; to working with our partners to address health inequalities; and importantly, to making all our staff feel included, supported, valued and treated equally.
To support the delivery of our aims, we have also produced our Annual Objectives for 2021-22, which reflect our Updated Trust Strategy. They are to:
- Provide high quality, safe care for our patients
- Ensure our patients and their carers shape their care and the delivery of our services
- Enable healthy and fulfilling lives for local people and address the health inequalities across our local communities
- Create a fair, just and inclusive organisation and empower all our staff to thrive at work
- Support the health and wellbeing of our staff so we attract and retain high calibre staff
- Ensure the financial sustainability of our services
- Build on the increased use of digital tools to transform and innovate the way we provide services to our patients and ways our staff work
- Empower our staff to continuously improve our services, through innovation and best practice across the Trust
- Develop our partnerships with other local organisations to deliver great integrated services and strengthen our contribution to the economic development of our communities
- Continue to develop our role as a leader in the North Central London and borough integrated care partnerships
As we are coming out of the pandemic, we have taken this opportunity to review our ‘Fit for the Future’ Trust Strategy which was published in 2019, and we have now produced an Updated Trust Strategy for 2021-2024.