Enfield school aged immunisation research project
Date: 24 August 2022
Parents in England are advised to immunise their children as per the national routine immunisation schedule to protect them from outbreaks of preventable diseases. Unfortunately in the UK and locally, we are starting to see a steady decline in childhood and school aged immunisation uptake.
Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust are continuously improving the quality of their vaccination service provision to their young people, have established a behavioural science project team and over the next 12 months will be working alongside the Enfield School Aged Immunisation Team to help improve the uptake of routine immunisations in our Enfield schools.
The Enfield School Aged Immunisation Team will be visiting your child’s school during this academic year (2022-2023) to administer the following routine vaccinations.
- Flu vaccination – offered to all children in Primary School from October to December
- Flu vaccination – offered to all young people in year 7, 8 and 9 in Secondary School & up to the age of 18 years for those attending Special Educational Needs Schools - during October to January
- Year 8 – Routine HPV and MMR (catch up only) vaccinations – from September to January
- Year 9 – Routine 5th dose, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio and the MenACWY vaccinations – from January to July
- Community clinic appointments are available for young people who are unable to have their vaccinations in school on the planned date.
If you wish to find out more about the above routine vaccinations please visit www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/
The vaccinations will only be administered to children of parents who have given consent. Throughout the year you will be receive emails from your child’s school with a link to the electronic consent form for the relevant vaccination. Please do keep an eye out for this and check your junk folder regularly.
Whatever your preferred option for the vaccinations, it is important that you reflect your choice in the relevant consent question on the form and submit the form.
Should you have any queries about the vaccinations please contact the Enfield School Aged Immunisation Team by email BEHtr.EnfieldImmunisationTeam@nhs.net or by telephone on 020 8702 3499.
Read full letter here