In the coming months the Enablement Partnership between BEH and independent Disability and Peer charity Inclusion Barnet is coming to an end. Over the past 4 years, the Enablement Partnership has focused on communicating and magnifying the importance of person-centred and recovery focused practice in the Trust.
We have achieved
- 400% increase in the peer workforce
- over 40 training sessions and courses covering 4 specialisms
- numerous strategic documents including co-production and lived experience guides
- Quality Improvement projects including consulting on DIALOG+, peer workforce planning, using the value of Lived Experience for staff
- represented and amplified service user voices at management levels across departments and workstreams in the Trust
- co-produced the new Recovery Strategy with over 250 people using services
To see a summary overview of the Enablement Partnership over the last 4 years, please watch the video below.
The work covered by the Enablement Partnership is now coming in-house to the Trust and will be held by the Service User and Involvement Team. When people using services were consulted about what they wanted the programme of activity to be called, overwhelmingly they chose the word ‘Recovery’.
Advantages of the name change to Recovery
- brings the Trust into line with national best practice
- help attract and retain the best talent
- communicates our training and values clearly to staff and people using services.
This new programme of work will be spearheaded by the launch of the Recovery Strategy. It also means we need a new visual identity for the programme. We want to make sure that we use this as an opportunity to co-produce and to listen to the voice of people using services. More details will be available shortly.
|Clare Scott||Hannah Chamberlain|
|Deputy Director of Nursing||Project Lead, Inclusion Barnet|
Phone: 020 8702 6453
Address: Enablement Programme office, First Floor, Orchard House, St Ann’s Hospital, London N15 3TH
Social: @BEHMHTNHS #EnablementPartnership