Who is who in CAMHS?


Our receptionists are the first people you will meet when you come into CAMHS. They will book you in and show you where to wait for your appointment, then let the person know that you have arrived. They are also responsible for making sure you get to speak to the right person when you phone us at CAMHS.

Speech and language therapist

These therapists focus on developing specific skills and communication and physical abilities and coordination. Other therapists include art therapist, drama therapists, education therapists, and music therapists.

Family therapist

Family therapists work with young people and their families together. If you are referred to a family therapist you might meet them regularly so they can help you manage the difficulties that are happening in your life. You can decide who comes to the meetings and what you will speak about.

CAMHS nurse

Psychiatric nurses, or child and adolescent mental health nurses are registered nurses who are trained in mental health.


Psychotherapists help you to understand why you feel the way you do, and what lies behind your responses to other people and to things that happen to you.


A Psychologist can assess and help with young people’s psychological functioning, emotional wellbeing and development. There are different types of psychologists, but they all help with the way that you behave and the way you feel and think about things. Some of the psychologists you might meet are Clinical psychologists, and Educational psychologists.

Social worker

Our social workers help support therapeutic work with families who are referred to the CAMHS team.