We are an acute admission ward that works with patients who are detained for treatment under the Mental Health Act.
Dennis Scott Unit,
Edgware Community Hospital,
Burnt Oak Broadway,
Edgware HA8 0AD
Tel:Trent Ward Tel: 020 8702 4123
Ward Clerk (9am - 5pm): 0208 702 4135
Monday to Friday 4.30pm - 8pm
Weekends and Bank holidays 2pm – 8pm
Other visiting times may be able to be arranged with prior agreement from nursing staff.
Who we are
We are a treatment ward that works with patients who are voluntary admissions and those who are detained for assessment and treatment under the Mental health Act. This team is made up of Doctors, Nurses, Psychologists and Occupational Therapists and Drama Therapist
What we offer
Our team provide care and support to help patients become well enough to be discharged and, where necessary, receive care in their homes or in the community.
Services we can provide include:
- On-going intensive intervention to support and help recovery resulting in discharge
- Diagnosis, and appropriate care plan and treatment
- A physical health check on admission and support with social needs
- Support to access advocacy services
Who is the service for
Trent Ward engages with adults aged 16 - 65 years old who have been diagnosed with severe and enduring mental health problems who:
- Require admission to hospital for treatment under the Mental Health Act to manage the risk associated with their symptoms
- Have been diagnosed as having acute and/or enduring mental health problems
- Cannot be cared for at home or in the community at the time of presentation
What are the next stages to recovery
When an inpatient is ready for discharge this will often be supported by the home treatment team for a period providing additional support whilst working alongside the care coordinator, carers and other stakeholders.
How you can access our service
External referrers (such as GPs, A&E Doctors, Police Doctors and Service Users/Carers) can refer via the Barnet Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team. Care Co-coordinators or other internal teams can also refer direct to the HTT who then gate-keep all admissions to hospital.
When an inpatient is ready for discharge this will often be supported by the home treatment team for a period of time. Home treatment team (HTT) provide additional support whilst working alongside the care coordinator, carers and other parties involved in providing care.