Somerset Villa is a a 13 bedded Complex Rehabilitation Service that is a specialised service that deliver rehabilitation and recovery for individuals with enduring mental health illness for ages 18-65 years.
Chase Farm Hospital
Tel no: 020 8
Manager: Kirk Hopewell: 0208 702 5220
Consultant Psychiatrist : Dr Igoumenou
Who we are
The service has a multi-disciplinary approach our team is made up of Consultant, Doctor, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Tramatherapist, Psychologists, Activities co-ordinator, Exercise Therapist, Social worker and Peer worker. We work together in devising individualised care packages to minimise the effect of on-going psychological symptoms, promote mental health and facilitate the development of sufficient coping skills, knowledge, confidence and motivation
What we do
Our team provide care and support rehabilitation and recovery to people whose needs cannot be met by less intensive mainstream adult mental health services. The focus is on the treatment and care of people with severe and complex mental health problems. The aim is to promote personal recovery, whilst accepting and accounting for continuing difficult and challenges to improve the quality of life and functioning to enable people to live within a community setting.
- Assessment & Treatment and appropriate care planning
- Support physical health and social needs
- Rehabilitation programmes
- Risk reduction
- Relapse prevention
- Independent Living Skills
- Social inclusion
- Support to access advocacy service
Service user Profile
- Registered with GP within the appropriate commissioned borough
- Aged between 18-65 years of age
- Have severe, enduring mental health issues
- Have a history of significant episodes of hospitalisation in mental health acute wards
- Have a history of significant placement breakdown and disengagement with services.
- People under 18 years old
- People with Primary diagnosis of Learning disability
- People with Primary drug/alcohol problems
- People who require a period of acute inpatient treatment
- People whose needs are solely accommodation
How you can access our service
Referrals from the acute, PICU and forensic wards will considered. All service users referred will have holistic assessment for thier needs, strengths and life goals, which includes mental and physical state, psychological social and family circumstances, activities of daily living, carers needs and cultural needs.
How to access the service