We work with children and young people who have reduced gross motor skills or musculoskeletal injuries.
St Michael's Primary Care Centre
Telephone: 020 8702 5640
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5 pm
Manager: Heather Holgate
What we offer
The physiotherapy service works with children with a wide range of disabilities, disorders and delays, with a number of functional or motor difficulties resulting from neurological impairment, musculoskeletal issues, genetic disorders and mobility difficulties.
Paediatric physiotherapists use techniques which contribute towards the overall development of children with physical conditions/developmental needs in order that they become as independent as possible in childhood and onwards to adulthood.
Key services include
• Assessment, advice, and planning for children with musculo-skeletal problems
• Assessment, care planning, and equipment advice for disabled children. Working jointly with the wider multi-disciplinary team
• Training for carers, to help them support children with exercise programmes at school or other settings
• Orthotics assessment and provision
• Intervention can be offered individually or in groups. Children and young people are seen in clinic and community settings, including children’s homes
Who the service is for
Children and young people aged 0-19 years, with physical difficulties; and children of 0-15 years with musculoskeletal problems.
How you can access our service
We accept referrals from relevant healthcare professionals including school nurses, health visitors, hospital consultants and GPs.