Paediatric liaison health visiting service
Enfield Paediatric Liaison Office
Child Protection Unit - Portacabin
Telephone: 020 8887 3010
Clinical lead: Garikayi Teera
Who we are and what we offer
The Enfield paediatric liaison health visiting service is based at North Middlesex Hospital. Services include:
• Combining background of nursing, midwifery, health visiting and mental health, the service facilitates the timely exchange of information between hospital and community.
• Screening attendances of all Enfield children who attend NMH A&E to ascertain if there are any mental, physical and/or social health concerns needing to be addressed with the Health Visitors or School Nurses.
• Offering relevant information for the Trust & hospital staff.
• Linking with Paediatric Hospital Departments; Paediatric Assessment Unit (PAU) ,Paediatric Day Assessment Unit (PDAU), Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU), Maternity Unit and Children's Ward, aiming to strengthen communication links.
• Safeguarding and information sharing.
• Providing a CONI Scheme for NMUH
We work with:
- Safeguarding team
- Perinatal mental health service
- Accident and emergency
- Special care baby unit (SCBU) & birthing centre
- Maternity unit
- Paediatric assessment unit
- Rainbow ward
- Community practitioners