We provide assessment, advice and support to people with heart failure living in Enfield.
Address: Lucas House, 305-309 Fore Street, Edmonton N9 0PD | Google map
Telephone: 020 8702 5840
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm (except bank holidays)
What we offer
- Assessment of patients in their home and in community heart failure clinics to plan for their future needs in accordance with patient wishes and service guidelines, NSF for CHD (2000) requirements and NICE guidelines (2010).
- Optimizing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment for the patient, for example offering appropriate heart failure education and ensuring patient understands condition and treatment.
- Provide education to primary care providers.
- Provide palliative care in liaison with palliative care services.
- Patient and significant others receive heart failure education, information booklet and hand held record.
- Telephone contacts/home visits; frequency to be determined by individual patient’s condition.
Who is the service for
- Patients with confirmed diagnosis of Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction or Heart Failure with preserved Ejection Fraction with echo or angiography over 18 years of age and that have been assessed by a Consultant Cardiologist or HF Specialist in acute sector.
- Patients whose main clinical problem is heart failure, with three or more admissions in the last year.
- Patients under the care of a GP within Enfield PCT.
- Must be willing to accept the support of the service.
How you can access our service
The main referral pathway is via Enfield Referral Service/community cardiology service.
Health professionals can refer into the service by completing a heart failure referral form or a letter to the heart failure specialist.
Referrals can also be made from any of the following sources when heart failure is confirmed:
- GP or hospital referral
- social services, community nurses
- nursing/residential homes