Please note that due to the Coronavirus pandemic, our Baby Clinics are open by appointment only. Please see details here.
We offer practical help and support to new mums and families in homes, clinics and children’s centres.
- Bowes Road Clinic - 0208 702 6522
- Forestgreen Team - 020 8702 3374
- Highlands Health Centre - 020 8702 6500
- Moorfield South Team - 020 8702 3520
- Moorfield North Team - 020 8702 3544
- Working hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm (excluding bank holidays)
Service locality manager: Belinda Danso Langley
Who we are
Health Visitors are qualified nurses who have undertaken additional training in child development and behaviour management, family relationships, social and economic effects on families, safeguarding, infant feeding and more.
The Health Visitors are notified of all new babies born that are resident in Enfield and offer home visits, clinic contact, telephone advice. We have Early Years Practitioners within our teams who compliment the work of the teams with groups work in Children’s Centres.
What we offer
The service promotes mental and physical well being by offering practical help to families in homes, clinics and children’s centres. We are community based and we work with the school nurses and Local Authorities to support parents and children in the early years.
- Antenatal Contact
- New birth visits (10 -14 days after delivery)
- New baby follow up (6-8 week contact)
- 8-12 month development review
- 2-2.5 year development review
- Child protection case conferences, core groups and other work identified in the child protection plan
- Child health clinics - no appointment required. Details on the link below.
- Advice on behaviour management, first-time parents, and weaning
- Advice and referrals for parents who want to stop smoking
- Adhoc visits where required; for instance for post-natal depression
- Health surveillance and identification of deviations from the norm in health and behaviour, for example: developmental delay in children, health needs in children, parenting difficulties and post-natal depression
Who is the service for
Every family with a child under five years, living in the Borough of Enfield, has a named health visitor and/or health visiting team.
How you can access our service
Through routine contact following the birth of a baby or your local Child Health Clinic.