Memory service - Haringey
We provide clinic based assessment of Haringey residents to diagnose and treat dementia.
St Ann's Hospital
St Ann's Road
Tel: 020 8702 6300
Manager: Judith Nazare
Who we are
Haringey Memory Service provides clinic based assessment of Haringey residents to diagnose and treat dementia. The service is made up of a team of psychiatrists, nurses, an admiral nurse and two dementia navigators, a supporting psychologist, volunteers trained as forget me not friends as well as our administration team.
What we offer
Assessment and diagnosis for people experiencing memory difficulties. Diagnosis can include:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Vascular Dementia
- Dementia in Parkinson’s Disease
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Lewy Bodies Dementia
Following diagnosis Haringey Memory Service provides a variety of post-diagnostic support for both carers and people with dementia including:
- Tom’s Club - A social group held in the community for carers and people with dementia to attend together.
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) - A short-term course proven to help with memory difficulties
- Carers Information and Support Programme - An information programme for carers who wish to learn more about dementia and support that is available in Haringey.
- Admiral Nurse - Specialist nurses who are focused on the needs of carers.
Who the service is for
People aged over 65 experiencing memory difficulties for the first time and those of any age with an existing dementia diagnosis.
How can you access our service
Please discuss referrals to the service via your GP.
Resources for carers
Are you caring for somebody with dementia? Find some resources to help you here.