Forensic outreach service
We provide aftercare for restricted patients who have been discharged from inpatient secure services, facilitating their transition to the community.
Chase Farm Hospital
Tel: 0208 702 6071
Team Manager: Alex Ruhinda
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
Who we are
The Forensic Outreach Service provides aftercare for restricted patients who have been discharged from inpatient secure services, facilitating their transition to the community. The service also supports local community mental health teams in the assessment, management and treatment of patients perceived to pose risks to others, through consultation and joint working.
The service consists of five teams covering the North London Forensic Service (NLFS) catchment areas of Camden, Islington, Barnet, and Enfield & Haringey.
The Peckwater Centre
6 Peckwater Street
Tel: 020 3317 6700
Team Manager: Alex Ruhinda
Consultant: Dr Alan Reid
Southwood Smith Centre
11 Southwood Smith Street,
London, N1 0YL
Tel: 020 3317 4850
Senior Practitioner: Satyan Jadoo
Consultant: Dr Simon Williams
Tel: 020 8216 4842
Senior Practitioner: Ruth White
Consultant: Dr Alex Acosta-Armas
305-309 Fore Street
Tel: 0208 702 3100
Senior Practitioner: Allan Dinala
Consultant: Dr Tim Rogers
Canning Crescent Health Centre
276-292 High Road
Tel: 020 8702 3200
Senior Practitioner: Francis Akyeampong
Consultant: Dr Antoinette Kotze
Who the service is for
The service will accept referrals from community based and acute services, for consultation and advice on clinical risk and service user management that meet the following criteria:
- They are over 18 years of age.
- The individual is already under the care of an existing community based or acute service and they are subject to CPA.
- They have a primary diagnosis of a severe mental illness and/or personality disorder. Service users who have a dual diagnosis of learning disability and/or substance misuse with mental disorder will be considered.
- The service user has a formal forensic history, is at risk of committing a serious offence or has a significant clinical risk history giving cause for concern.
- Service users discharged from medium/low security on either section 3 or 37 MHA 1983 (as amended by the 2007 act).
- All persons placed on a section 37/41 of the MHA 1983 (as amended by the 2007 act).
- Those discharged from medium or low security on section 3 or 37 MHA 1983 (as amended by the 2007 act) with sufficient levels of risk and complexity of need.
How you can access our service
The service will accept referrals from community based and acute services. Referrals should be emailed to the referrals co-ordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.