Enfield Rapid Response Service
Enfield Integrated Rapid Response Service
Enfield Rapid Response is a nurse-led service which can offer short-term intensive support, including nursing and therapy, following our initial assessment.
We can then also deliver short term social care and work with social services to arrange a longer term package. We will see patients who can be managed in the community but are at risk of admission to hospital in the next 48 hours.
Operating Hours: The service is open 08:00 – 22:00 (last referrals accepted at 20:00) 7 days a week (including bank holidays), 365 days of the year. The team will respond within 2 hours.
- Enfield residents, aged 18+
- Immediate risk of hospital admission, or
- Risk of acute deterioration necessitating hospital admission in the next 48 hours
Referral reasons and common conditions covered
- Congestive heart failure– where the patient has a National Early Warning Score (NEWS) under 4
- Elderly frail patient who has become symptomatic and at risk of admission (such as sudden reduction in mobility new confusion)
- Exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease where the patient has a NEWS of less than 4
- Falls without apparent injuries, in particular without hip pain
- Patients at end of life – out of hours and not known to district nurses or palliative care
- Respiratory tract infection
- Simple head injury
- Unstable diabetes (note that Type 1 diabetes isn’t an exclusion)
- Urinary tract infection, blocked catheter with pain or haematuria from infection
Please note this list is not exhaustive, if unsure please telephone 0208 702 5681.
- Mental health crisis being the sole diagnosis
- Care package/provision being the sole reason for referral in the absence of acute health/functional decline
How to refer
Call Rapid Response on 0208 702 5681.
If unable to speak to a team member, leave a voicemail with your name and contact details and a member of the team will call back.
Following the call, if the referral is deemed suitable, please send by email a recent medical and medication history, and/or hospital discharge summary to: