We provide a wide range of home and community based nursing services in Enfield.
Tel: 020 8702 5910
- East Enfield Team - Eagle House Surgery, 291 High Street, Enfield, EN3 4DN
- Evergreen Team - Lucas House 305-309 Fore Street, Edmonton, N9 0PD
- Forest Team - Lucas House 305-309 Fore Street, Edmonton, N9 0PD
- North Southgate Team - Highlands Health Centre, 3 Florey Square, Winchmore Hill, N21 1UJ
- Rowan Team - Pine Lodge, St Michael's Primary Care Centre, Gater Drive, Enfield, EN2 0JB
- South Southgate Team - Bowes Road Clinic, 269 Bowes Road, N11 1BD
Opening hours: District Nursing Service operates 24 hour period, 7 days a week.
- Core service operates 8.00am – 4.30pm
- Late Shift 2.00 pm – 10.30pm
- Night Shift 10.00pm – 08.00am
Out of hours (4.30pm - 8.00am) telephone call handling for the District Nursing Service from Monday - Friday, on weekends and bank holidays is provided by Royal Free Hospital on 020 7794 0500.
Who we are
The district nursing team provides a broad range of nursing services, working closely with multi disciplinary teams in the primary, secondary, community and social care systems.
What we offer
The District Nursing Service provides home and clinic-based services to adults in Enfield. We provide:
- Holistic assessment (including telephone assessment)
- Scheduled and unscheduled care
- Case management
- Treatment and symptom management for acute conditions
- Palliative care and end of life care
- Wound care management
- Pressure area care including assessment for equipment and manual handling requirements
- Medicines management including chemotherapy, Hickman and PCC lines following individual patient assessment and including the teaching of patients and carers
- Management and education of appropriate Specialist feeding regimes
- Continence services including assessment, management and advice to those with indwelling catheters
- Health education and health promotion advice
Who is the service for
Patients who are residents in Enfield, or registered with an Enfield GP, and aged 16 years or over.
How you can access our service
District Nursing Referral Office
Tel: 020 8702 5910
Fax: 020 8702 5911
8am - 4.30pm
Outside these hours telephone the Royal Free Hospital on 020 7794 0500 – they will page the nurse on call. The Referral office accepts referrals from health care professionals and enquiries about district nursing from members of the public.
Patients will be continually assessed and may be referred onto other agencies, such as their local practice nurse as their condition improves.