Enfield Community Stroke Rehab Team
We provide rehabilitation for people being discharged home from hospital following a stroke.
Address: Pine Lodge, St Michael’s Primary Care Centre, Gater Drive, Enfield EN2 OJB | Google map
Telephone: 020 8702 5670 (for clinical queries); 020 8702 5660 (for admin-related queries)
Who we are
Our team consists of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and rehabilitation assistants. We work closely with colleagues from the voluntary sector to provide support for life skills and social integration.
What we offer
- Responsive rehabilitation to facilitate early discharge from Hyper acute stroke Units, for medically stable stroke survivors.
- Rehabilitation working on client centred goals to maximise independence, achieve a good quality of life, reduced mortality and long term disability.
- Rehabilitation is offered in the home, local community, workplace, clinic, nursing and residential care homes.
Who the service is for
Referrals are accepted for clients living in Enfield, being discharged home from hospital following a stroke or with a recent stroke and multidisciplinary needs.
How you can access our service
Referrals are accepted from:
- Hyper Acute Stroke Unit (HASU) e.g. University College London Hospitals
- Acute Stroke or Inpatient Units e.g. North Middlesex and Barnet Hospitals Acute Stroke Units, Chase Farm Stroke Rehab Unit
- GP, social or healthcare professional referral
- Self referral for those seen by the stroke rehab service previously for rehabilitation, who have ongoing multidisciplinary therapy needs
Please note: community referrals for patients with stroke may be redirected to other appropriate community therapy teams (e.g. neuro physio, adult speech and language therapy team)