Community Services in Enfield
Our community health service in Enfield provides treatment and support for people with physical healthcare problems in a community setting.
Our core service includes community nurses. Specialist services also include podiatry, speech and language therapy, and health promotion.
Services treat people in their own homes, or close to home, where they will be more comfortable and can continue to live independently. We aim, where possible, to avoid admission into hospital and enable quicker recovery periods.
- The bone health and prevention of fracture service identifies and assess elderly people in their own homes and provide information and advice where required.
- The Care Home Assessment Team (CHAT) aims to improve the lives and end of life care for residents in care homes in Enfield.
- We offer assessment, advice and therapy to children who have a wide range of special needs.
- We provide treatment and support to people with a long term condition such as diabetes, cardiac and respiratory disease, who have needed recent emergency hospital treatment or who frequently consult their GP.
- We are nurses who provide a continence service for the residents of Enfield. Our aim is to promote continence and to manage incontinence.
- We provide education, support and advice to people with diabetes, their carers and other health professionals.
- We provide a wide range of home and community based nursing services in Enfield.
- The preschool speech and language therapy team support the development of preschool children’s speech, language and communication skills through partnership working with parents, families and other professionals.
- We provide care to people who have recently suffered a stroke and are being discharged from inpatient care.
- The Discharge to Assess model has been designed to reduce hospital stays because patients are discharged as soon as acute medical treatment is complete.
- A nurse-led rapid response service for adults at risk of hospital admission or at risk of deterioration requiring hospital admission in next 48 hours.
- We provide assessment, advice and support to people with heart failure living in Enfield.
- We assess the needs of children and young people aged 0-19 years who are looked after by the Local Authority in Enfield.
- The lymphoedema service sees all patients who have lymphoedema and chronic oedema.
- Magnolia unit provides short-term inpatient care from St Michael's Primary Care Centre. It is an alternative to acute admission for clinically stable patients who need nursing services. Our care focuses on rehabilitation. The service is provided by a team of experienced professionals who staff the unit. We are dedicated to the provision of quality patient-centred care.
- Our dieticians provide practical dietary advice, assessment and treatment to people with nutritional problems in Enfield.
- We provide care to children with complex needs in the community.
- We work with children, young people and their families to promote their physical independence, mobility and function, to help achieve their maximum potential.
- We offer individual support, training and advice to people with Parkinson’s disease.
- We provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment to people living in Enfield.
- We provide treatment to people who may have had an injury, surgery or who have an underlying musculoskeletal problem which affects their ability to undertake everyday activities perhaps due to pain or loss of function.
- We provide specialist assessment, diagnosis and treatment of foot conditions.
- We provide assessment, advice and support to people with respiratory disease in Enfield.
- The Enfield Immunisation Team provides the school aged vaccination programme for the borough of Enfield.
- We offer a range of services for school age children and young people who have speech language and communication needs. We work in partnership with parents, families, schools and other professionals.
- We provide specialist assessment and management of people with disorders of speech, language, communication and swallowing.
- We offer specialist advice on the management of people with non-healing wounds.