Care home assessment team (CHAT)
The care home assessment team (CHAT) aims to improve the lives and end of life care for residents in care homes in Enfield. It is a nurse led community service which provides rapid response visits or telephone advice at times of crisis, and works with residents, families and care home staff to make end of life care plans and stabilise long term conditions.
Tel: 020 8702 6221 (non-urgent and general enquiries)
Tel: 0208 702 6333 (urgent advice to speak to a clinician)
The team visits all older people residential and nursing homes across Enfield and are based in:
Chase Farm Hospital
Manager: Melanie Pettitt
Opening hours: Monday – Friday, 9am - 5pm (not including bank holidays)
Who we are
CHAT is a nurse led service, offering integrated physical and mental health support to residents in care homes across Enfield.
What we offer
The team allow residents to remain in their care home, but come out to visit them. They are able to assess, diagnose and treat complex physical and mental health in a residents care home.
- Holistic assessment (including telephone assessment)
- Scheduled and unscheduled care
- Rapid response visits at time of crisis
- Treatment and symptom management for acute conditions
- Palliative and end of life care
- Health education and health promotion advice
- Falls prevention - we know falls can be debilitating the older you get and so the team work with residents and staff in care homes on falls prevention methods
- Management of long term conditions
- Assessment and treatment advice for common mental health concerns, including dementia, depression and anxiety
- Education and training for care home staff
- Urgent phlebotomy service
Who is the service for
Patients who are residents in an Enfield care home who have a complex mental or physical health need and aged 18 years or over.
How you can access our service
We accept both telephone and/or email referrals.
For non-urgent/routine visits tel: 0208 702 6221
For direct access to a clinician tel: 020 8702 6333
Or email: email@example.com
The team work extremely hard to ensure they are able to provide the best possible care for older residents in care homes across the borough. Their work has been recognised in a number of awards ceremonies. Most recently, they were short listed for the prestigious HSJ Awards.