Barnet East Locality Team
The Barnet East Locality Team provides community-based treatment and support for adults with moderate to severe mental health difficulties who live in the borough of Barnet and/or registered with a Barnet GP.
Barnet East Locality,
Barnet EN5 3DJ
Tel: 020 8702 6103
Out of Hours Tel: Crisis Team: 020 8702 4040
Operating Hours: 9AM-5PM, Monday- Friday
What We Offer
The Barnet East Locality Team provides community-based treatment and support for adults with moderate to severe mental health difficulties who live in the borough of Barnet and/or registered with a Barnet GP. The team is multi-disciplinary and consists of professionals from a number of backgrounds including Nursing, Social Work, Psychiatry, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Graduate Mental Health Workers and Community Engagement Workers and are supported by a dedicated Admin team. The care delivered is Recovery-focused which involves a change in focus from managing problems and symptoms to focusing on an individual’s strengths and goals for the future. Our service aims to assist you to be in control of your own life and seek out opportunities beyond your condition by:
- Helping you understand the mental health difficulties you might be experiencing and explain what treatments are available.
- Working together with you (and your relatives/carer, with your consent) to plan your care. We’ll give you a copy of this care plan.
- Discussing medication options and initiate treatment.
- Thinking about whether psychological therapy could be of benefit and if so, offering you a psychology assessment. On-going psychological therapy or treatment is provided via the Barnet Psychology Hub so we will refer you if this is required.
- Helping you to recognise any early signs of a relapse and plan ahead in case this happens.
- Offering carer’s assessment, if you have a carer.
- There may be some things that are affecting your wellbeing, such as debt or housing problems, which we may be able to signpost you to other organisations who can work with you to resolve these.
How You Can Access Our Service
Firstly, make an appointment to see your GP. He/she will be happy to work with you to help you to manage mild to moderate symptoms of mental ill-health outside of secondary services. It might be that you do need more specialised support. If so, your GP can make a referral to your GP Link worker on your behalf, who will assess your mental health needs and will be able to refer you onto us if they think we can help.
Who Is This Service For
Our service is for adults who are aged 18-65 and experiencing a range of mental health difficulties and who may also have complex needs that would be best met by secondary mental health services. This includes individuals experiencing the following conditions: schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, severe depression, anxiety, personality disorder and obsessive compulsive disorders. Services are provided at our base at the Springwell Centre which is sited on the grounds of Barnet General Hospital. Individuals can also be seen at their home address, GP surgery or in the community if necessary or appropriate.
We engage with many other services within Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust, such as:
- Primary Care Link Working Team
- Barnet Psychology Hub
- Local Enablement Team
- Barnet Wellbeing Hub